Tuesday, June 21

Health

Plasma donation: so apparently I have increased levels of ALT in my blood which is an enzyme that is indicative of a likely liver infection. This defers me from donating till the lingering infection (from when I was sick a few weeks ago) clears up. This was kind of a surprise and is a bummer cause I wanted to donate and get some extra cash. Donating plasma has made me realize the delicate balance of maintaining health in my life. They are very thorough in checking for any problems or warning signs.

Optometrist: my cataract turned out to be pretty harmless along with the "freckle" found on the back of my eye. Probably just as a result of a scar I picked up some years ago. also my prescription changed just slightly, no big deal

Nap: much needed, still tired but  I think I will make it through the day.

Dentist: came in expecting to have a "minor" filling done but what I didn't realize was that still involved the suite of painkillers: laughing gas and injections. Mouth is still really numb and feeling pretty funky. It probably doesn't help that I am mentally and physically drained from lack of sleep.

I am really starting to realize the benefits of health. I am thankful that the problems I have had to deal with have been minor and have not gotten in the way of things I want to accomplish. Maintaining my health is something that I have realized is worth spending money on (yet I am still completely supported by my parents which is something that I am thankful for, some people do not have that luxury). I am lucky to have been born with a relatively sound mind and body. I hope I never have to deal with any huge medical issues in my life. Youth brings me the blessing and freedom from health issues that old age does not.