Wednesday, August 17

Grandma Weeks Birthday

been pretty busy today, I had my math test, plasma donation, work, and Grandma Helens Birthday.
dont have much more to report other than the mundane day to day details

Math Test: took my accuplacer test today and it definitely makes me feel stupid. I dont think it intends to make students feel stupid but that is just a side effect of the fact that they test your knowledge all the way up to college level math, which is math that is way beyond my understanding right now.
If I read my scores correctly I tested into a 990 level class which is ok, not the best of outcomes but the world will go on and things will work out. It looks like all the work I did over the summer saved me some tuition money. I wonder if I could manage to make myself sit in on a class again? save the tuition money for when I have the test scores to take the math class that I really need. But then again it was a pretty big hassle and strain to independently force myself to attend class (but which was surprisingly not beyond my capacity, for what it is worth I think I did ok)

Plasma Donation: was pretty routine and uneventful as always (thank goodness). My protein levels are low so I am going to take a break. In the meantime I plan on getting set up at another donation center where I can get a few more bucks.

Work: been working at the kiosk for about a week or so (at least) and I feel like I am getting into the groove of things and selling some stuff. Time goes be much quicker when I have a book to read and pass the time (just a little bit). It will kind of be a bummer when this gig ends because it is a great student job. It would be great to try and find a job that isnt too demanding when this ends so I can continue to save up some money.

Grandma Helen's Birthday: took the scoot over right after work to grandma and grandpa weeks to wish grandma a happy birthday. It is always nice to go over there and see grandmas face beam with joy when I come over, seeing her face like that makes me feel guilty for not coming over more often. Grandma Helen is always so accepting and has so much faith in me it is always a good to share a little bit of time with her when I can. Her sight has failed her completely and her mind tends to forget things, but that is ok she is still my GRANDmother (as she would say)