Saturday, November 19

Bike update

Headed over to the Provo bicycle collective to get a bike I am working on cleaned up and disassembled before it heads off for some fresh powder coat. Still working on snagging some pics, but I will post em next time.
For the disassembly things went pretty smooth.  Had some snags with removing the crankset and bottom bracket but it was a cool experience to get some grease on my hands and get up close with some of the parts and tools.
Really looking forward to getting some replacement parts worded and seeing the powdercoat on it. I am thinking of getting it done in a nice cream color. While I don't know the history of the bike and how it ended up in Provo I do know that at one time it was registered at Harvard which is kinda cool. Zac had the great idea of stenciling "Harvard" up on the top tube which i think would be a great touch to add  to the bike once we get it all put together.