Wednesday, July 27

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

I was unable to blog last Sunday due to the fact that I had left my laptop at Jake's house so I thought I would do a quick update for what I have been up to since then.

Pioneer day: drove up to salt lake with mom and Liz  to watch fireworks with Alex and Elisa. ended up watching them in the backyard of a house that Elisa was house-sitting. Afterwards played an enjoyable game of apples to apples with everybody.

School: registered for some classes today but am still unsure exactly what my schedule will look like for the fall. Currently I am registered for a Microbiology class which should be really fun and I am looking forward to taking it (which is something I might reconsider when I am in the thick of it because this class is considered especially rigorous). I am wait listed in two classes that I will have to see if I can get in or not on. One of them is an Anatomy class which is class that I have wanted to take but have been concerned with the workload it expects, also the class that I am wait listed in is a 9am class which is something I would have to consider and weigh against my resolve and motivation to succeed in the class. The second is a Philosophy through Literature which sound really interesting to me and is something I would like to take, however I don't know if I can justify taking it or not. I mean if I already have the self discipline to at least attempt reading philosophical texts on my own what would a class do for me? I realize that being in a class would give more rigor and structure to my learning as well as access to someone knowledgeable in the subject to answer questions with but I don't want to take classes and spend the tuition money on a class that is irrelevant to what I would like to study if I am capable of doing so myself.
Another thing I need to consider when registering is leaving a slot open for a math class for me to take, which could be difficult to get into. I just really hope I can test into a level 1000 or higher class other wise it will mean a whole more semester at UVU instead of the U of U

Math class: have been struggling a little bit in this class but not because I find the material too difficult I just have had a hard time going and managing my day around it. I find it kind of hard to go to the class and sit through a 2 hour lecture when I feel like the most important thing I need is practice with the material and not so much instruction. Also I find it hard to be expected to not use a calculator for many of the concepts in the class when I know that in my following classes I will be allowed to use one, but I suppose it is all for the better because I really  do need the practice with  my computation and arithmetic skills