Saturday, July 30

Not having internet access up here in Fish Lake has made me realize that I need to make what little time I have for internet browsing needs to be more productive. I find it FAR too easy to aimlessly browse for more time than iwould like to admit. The problem that I run into with browsing sometimes is that I find it easy to kustify by saying that I am "learning" but but coming to this realization I have found that the "learning" I do while browsing doesn't give me the depth of knowledge I would like. Sure it gives me wide breadth of knowledge but this I feel is knowledge that is too superficial.

The qeustion now that I know this is how to change. Is it a matter of limiting my time? Changing habits? Changing the way I view internet browsing? What I would like to have is a more directed and focused experience but as of now I see internet browsing as a sort of recreational activity. And recreational activities as I see them should be a time that allows your focus to relax.

The quote "the time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted" comes to mind and I think I can see some fo the truth to that statement. That is that recreational pursuits lose a quality of their appeal when we become overly focused on the end result too much. The things we do for fun need to be done for their own sake otherwise they lose the qualities that we enjoy.

So I suppose what I am trying to figure out here is how to better balance my time in reguards to things I do for fun, things I do for the importance I see in them and work and school. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions let me know.