Thursday, July 21

Never let school get in the way of your education

"never let school get in the way of your education"-mark twain

I really like this quote and it's spirit of separating school from education and learning which is something that I think we too closely associate together these days. For me it encourages a more "can do" attitude for me, that if I truly want to lean something I am not bound by the limitations and walls of a classroom to learn it. I strongly feel that in todays hyper competetive and globalized world we must learn and progress with whatever means available (which I also believe are plentiful)
But at the same time it is saddening to come to the realization that, yes despite schools best intentions they do in fact get in the way of educationg and learning. I suppose this is a necessary trade off when leaning and educating moved into the educational instutions and classrooms of our day. I wish there was some way for schools to reconcile the true capacities and aptitudes of students while accomodating the diverse learning styles of students.