Tuesday, July 19

The state of the blog

(the following was written on my phone so there are invariably many mistakes and misspellings, you have been warned)

I feel pressed at the moment to address some ideas and feelings that I have about this blog.
For the past couple of months I have be make an effort in earnest to try and post something no matter small every day and to this task I feel as though I have done so but I have come to realize that while I have made a strong effort to post everyday I have done so at the detriment of content that is important and interesting to me and others. In particular I have come to the realization that posting links and web content is interesting and relevant does not fulfill the scope I would like to see here.
I believe to be few among many to have the fortunate opportunity to interact and consume interesting knowledge and ideas. But in this age of constant consumption shouldn't there be an equal amount of creation and interaction? What does it mean if all I do is dissect and absorb all this information that we are so fortunate to have access to without in some way recognizing what I have learned by contributing my conclusions or ideas about a whatever interests me. While I accept that one does not "build" an argument or understanding without first understanding the constituent parts I am urged to put more effort into consruction some of my own thoughts and ideas. Which is why I write this, that moreover I have recognized that in order to more fully understand and internalize the many ideas and concepts that I interact with and investigate on a near daily basis deserves a platform to test out and hopefully presesnt new and interesting material from my original perspectives. Doing this will develop my skills as not only a writer but also a thinker and ensure that I have suffeciently understood the material I am presnted with at hand. I plan to do this not to assert some prideful individualistic know it all attitude but to show that if I am to take the time out of my day to learn something or better myself, I too should also set the time aside to write and share thoughts on an idea to better form and understand ideas. Doing so will also have the added benefit of allowing me a more accurate record of my daily doings than say link poted here would. 
Which is why I will now make the concerted effort to not only post everyday but to also find something worth writing about and sharing it here