Sunday, August 21

Worry Wort

Toady has brought a bit of worry because of a few things. They may seem trivial and not important, but to me they have a way of becoming the only things I think about. 

  1. I start school next week and I am stressing out about my math class. I am just worried that the class will be beyond my capacity and really stretch me. I suppose that it is good to be stretched just a bit but I don't want to do poorly in this class, I want to succeed and gain the necessary math skills that I will need. As I have mentioned before I have the option to take a 990 level online class or a  level 1000 math class which unbeknownst to me is a merging of the 990 level course and a 1010 course. I am leaning towards taking the 1000 level class because lets say in the case that I do poorly in the class I would have to retake it in the spring semester which is what I would have to do anyways if I was taking a 990 level course. On top of taking a fast paced math course I am taking two upper division science classes (Microbiology and Genetics) which will also be a large time commitment to stay current with all the material.  
  2. my friends are moving to Salt Lake City and I dont want to lose contact with them. I know I will see them, its just that I wont see them as much as if I were living with them.
  3. Last night I attempted to order an HP Touchpad from Hp's website, and due to the huge and overwhelming demand HP has gotten over the past day of so for their dramatically reduced tablet price their servers have been completely swamped. I attempted to place an order and I received an order validation on their site but as of yet have not received a confirmation email for my order. I am not so much worried about getting a tablet or not as I am about getting charged without having my order filled. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't end up getting a tablet I would just want to make sure that I walk away from this thing squared away and even with HP.
But writing this out has been helpful. I think things will work out and situations are never really as bad as we make them out to be. I know I will have to make sure I work hard in my schooling this coming semester and that come what may life will go on and things will work out. And ultimately the problems these pose are not going to undermine the things that are really important to me.