Tuesday, October 25

Be Excellent

was reading some articles today which kind of made me feel sad and powerless with the state of the world (dont read them. seriously they will mess you up).

but reading these had make me think and realize a few things.

  1. be excellent: we have such short and perilous lives which are too precious to be wasted on trivial things that do not fulfill our potential. I think we should try and keep this in mind even though it may seem "idealistic" to do so as it gives us a goal or a way to model our lives.
  2. kindness: kindness is a virtue that must be sought in our lives. we are all in this together and I think we sometimes forget that. the problems that affect the people around us are problems that effect us. 
  3. cultivate your mind: we are the only known intelligent species (although I often want to disagree with that statement) and we need to make sure we use our human potential to the fullest. but I want to be clear here, cultivating your mind does not mean to just stick your nose in a book. We should seek to spend our time developing skills and talents that our really important to us.
  4. accomplishing these ideals will be difficult and there are many obstacles we all face. between all the individual worries each of us have it is sometimes hard to have love or compassion for others, yet I think that is ok. All there needs to be is some level or respect between each other, I dont think we have to love each other just have respect for each other.
I dont want this to sound like I am trying to preach to the world, I am not perfect and make a ton of mistakes, but I am learning.