Wednesday, May 25

to blog (or not to blog?)

at the moment I feel the need to try and justify why I am blogging (I realize it is stupid to do so but please indulge me for a moment). really I dont know exactly why I am doing it or what I am going to post here so things will be kind of different till I get the hang of things.

so why blog?
one of the things that appeal to me about having a blog would be to have a place to just spew out whatever is on my mind. I like the idea of just having a "web log" to just record and place some things or ideas that I think are cool whether that means some link that catches my eye, the latest musings, or travel experiences I have had.

web links: I tend to spend a lot of time (too much) time on the internet so invariably I come across cool or interesting links that I would like to save. So if I am going to go through the trouble of saving links why dont I just get two birds with one stone and share the things that catch my eye with my friends?

thoughts and travel experiences: I think it is important to create and share experiences with those around me and having a blog will help me share and develop.

Furthermore I would like to try and develop my writing skills. Having a blog will allow me to hopefully practice and develop writing skills that I think will be important to me. Writing has been a difficult thing for me to do, and I wish to make the attempt to improve my skills. While I expect most of my posts to be pretty informal, I would still like to try improve my skills.